If your primary care physician or specialist has prescribed warfarin (Coumadin), ask them about the ongoing care at the Anticoagulation Clinic at Dominican Hospital.
After we receive a referral from your physician, you will be called to schedule your first appointment. At the clinic, you will be scheduled to see a nurse practitioner, pharmacist or registered nurse.
These clinicians will:
- Test your PT/INR by fingerstick.
- Adjust your warfarin dosage as needed.
- Provide information about how some medications and certain foods interact with warfarin.
- Discuss how to maintain your INR within therapeutic range to avoid health complications.
- Schedule appointments for you at least every four weeks.
- Provide quarterly reports to your referring physician.
The Dominican Anticoagulation Clinic is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; and until 7 p.m. Thursdays. The clinic is closed on weekends and holidays.
For more information, call 831 457 7117. Click here for a map of Rehabilitation Services.