Home Health care for infants and new moms
Once your baby is home, you may be looking for answers to specific questions, or just for more peace of mind.
Dominican Home Health services can help. Most insurance plans allow a “newborn baby and mother” home visit by an experienced registered nurse. Our nurses will:
- Look for signs and symptoms of illness in you and your baby
- Check your baby’s weight
- Talk about the baby’s feedings and your nutrition
- Answer questions and teach about breastfeeding
- Give tips on newborn care and home safety
- Discuss postpartum distress (commonly known as "baby blues")
- Provide a chance for you to talk about your feelings
- Suggest referrals for your individual needs
For more information, call Dominican Home Health at 831 465 7988 during business hours, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.